Honey, Let's face it. Wigs are our best friends, and no one cares if you wear them. It's not like back in the day when you had to lie and say --- yeah! This is all me. Yeah right. Chile please. Who even does that these days?? Wigs have literally become an accessory; like a jacket or a scarf or even a hat. Just wear a god one and wear it with confidence. Always remember, GOOD HAIR AIN'T CHEAP ... & CHEAP HAIR AIN'T GOOD.
And the church said "Amen."
The summer months are fast approaching and the weather is heating up and can do a number on your hair. These simple tricks can help to protect your hair in the upcoming season.
I recommend getting a trim before the summer months to minimize split ends and breakage. There is no miracle serum that will truly permanently repair split ends. Only a haircut can do that. When you get regular trims, you control how much hair is taken off. That paired with the next step, helps to ensure length retention. Then you will see growth.
I recommend doing deep conditioning treatments 2x a month during the summer. With all the activities that are likely to happen: laying on a beach, travelling, swimming, or just being outside in the beaming sun, one thing is sure to happen, DRY HAIR! Deep conditioning treatments restore the moisture lost in extreme heat. For even deeper penetration, sit under a dryer for 15-20 mins. Deep conditioning also helps to minimize frizz. When your hair is hydrated, it is less likely to be unruly.
Remember, dry hair = FRIZZY hair
Whether you choose to wear braids, wigs, or my personal style of choice, a weave, Protective styling is a must. Low manipulation styles allow your hair to rest and recover. Plus, there are so many cute styles to choose from. If you are an avid weave wearer like myself, then you know hair is an accessory and you probably have multiple sets of hair to choose from. I suggest choosing a wavy/loose curl texture that will be a "get up and go" type of style. They don't require as much work as a tight curly texture (loads of product) or super sleek and straight (excessive heat styling). Just be sure to choose a texture that works well for your hair and lifestyle.
If you're changing your bundles, one great storage option is Renown's ExtensionSAVER Storage Bag. You can store up to 4 bundles per hanger and protect the hair in the front zip bag. It stores flat and blocks dirt and debris, so your bundles are ready for your next install.
Take the time to research a LICENSED professional that puts hair care first. Ask friends and family, use social media, read reviews, call around. If you are seeing a stylist for the first time, book a consultation. If you don't feel confident by the end of the consultation, then they aren't the stylist for you. Be honest, take photos of what you want. Both of you should have a clear picture as to what's attainable for your hair and how long it will take. Make sure they are EXPERIENCED in the service you are requesting. Just because they may be skilled at one thing, they may not be in another area. That's perfectly ok, but they should tell you so and/or refer you to someone that can service your needs.
If you are in the market for a new stylist, I am always accepting new clients. You can click here to book your next appointment with me. Be sure to read my reviews.
Nicki is definitely daring when it comes to her hair. I have to say, my favorite look on her is long sleek black hair. It just screams classic and effortless! If you want to look perfectly polished too, just follow these simple tips.
1. Hair Extensions!
2. Flat Iron
3. Thermal Spray/Finishing spray
Keep in mind....
Hair extensions are vital to achieve this look especially if you don't have naturally long hair or if you just want to protect your natural hair from heat damage. If you aren't sure where to buy quality hair, be sure to check out Renown Premium Hair! Bundle deals start at $150!
1. Start with clean hair, whether your hair is weaved or if you opt for clip-ins, clean hair is necessary. I recommend 18/20/22" bundles in either straight or bodywave.
2. Detangle your hair with your comb and/or brush starting at the ends.
3. Prep your hair with the thermal spray before you begin to flat iron. My personal favorite is Care4Me Thermal Protectant Spray. Its lightweight and has a soft hold to lock in your style. Be sure not to have your iron turned to the highest heat setting. When the iron is too hot, heat damage will occur and will shorten the lifespan of your hair (extensions). As long as there isn't product buildup, no more than 375 degrees is really necessary.
4. Flat iron your hair in one inch sections until you get through your entire head. Use the clips to hold the hair you aren't working on out of your way.
5. Part your hair down the center and mist your hair with the finishing spray to eliminate any fly aways and minimize frizz. I recommend Weightless Shine Weather-Block Finishing Spray by Care4Me.
6. Get dressed. Beat face. Flip hair!
** Remember to flat wrap your hair at night to preserve you style.
That's it! Its really that simple! If you aren't confident in your personal styling skills, you can always book an appointment at Salon RPH online24/7. Just click here. One of our licensed stylists would be happy to take care of you! Mention this blog and save $10 on your service.